Friday, May 1, 2015

BIGBANG Loser MV Review


It took me a few listens to like "Bae Bae", but as soon as "Loser" started, I knew that I was going to like it. I say this frequently, but I don't really like slow/mid tempo songs but there are a select few groups and songs that I like and BIGBANG is one of those groups. I love "Blue" and "Haru Haru" and this song definitely fits in the same category as those songs.

Again, like my "Bae Bae" post I am really interested in the video. This time though I am not confused at the events but......I don't want to say in awe........but impressed with what was portrayed though the five members because they are real things that are happening the world to real people.

Each member of BIGBANG are dealing with their own demons and in the end they are destroyed by those demons, thus becoming losers.



GD is successful and powerful and when people have those two things they are automatically considered to be happy. Why wouldn't a person with money and fame be happy? They have what everybody is suppose to want! But you see so much in the media (most recently with Robin Williams) the happiest and most successful people are often the ones that are the most broken.


I have mixed feelings about Taeyang's "loser"senario. Taeyang feels like a loser because he is doubting his faith. In religion there is this stigma that if you question anything, that means that you aren't good enough. But on the flip side, if you never question and just blindly follow, how do you know that you truly believe and you aren't just riding on the coattails of someone else's testimony? Doubting can make people feel like a loser, but it doesn't mean you are a loser, it means that you are human.

I think that Taeyang's story could also be what a person with depression feels like. They are a loser because they have these internal demons that tell them they are a loser. Both of these situations are hard to deal with and are usually things that people want to deal with alone because of the "loser" stigma, but it is important to remember that you aren't alone and these things don't make you a loser.


I feel lovely and insightful right now after writing about GD and Taeyang, but T.O.P straight up killed his girlfriend. T.O.P seems to have some kind of OCD maybe? Everything in his house is spotless and white. Even his girlfriend is wearing white clothes. It seems to me though that he is less interested in her as a person than as an object though. She is wearing all white like she is a part of his collection rather than his equal. Then, when the object started to "act out" (touching the other objects), T.O.P got rid of the thing that was not acting in accordance to the laws of his mind.


No! Daesung! He's my favorite and this makes me so sad! This is another example of a person who is told they are a loser when they really aren't. As someone who was bullied for being the "fat kid" from the fourth grade until the seventh grade, I can totally relate to this loser feeling. I was made to feel like a loser when I wasn't, I was a kid who was picked on for looking like a human being. I never tried to fight back like Daesung in the video, but I can relate to the feeling of being "attacked" by people.

PSA: to all people being bullied for whatever reason, you are not a loser. You are a strong person (and because I am a religious person) you are given these hardships because you can handle them. Remember that you are not alone and that there are people everywhere that are willing to help you with whatever is being said or done to you, This is something that I wish I had realized during all those years I felt I was alone and I think that is one reason why I wanted to become a teacher.


Seungri is the other person that I am having a hard time sympathizing with. I know that a lot of people on the internet are saying that Seungri is a loser because he is obsessing about his cheating girlfriend but that doesn't seem right to me. That makes me think that Seungri is a loser because he has a cheating girlfriend. The person who is cheating is a loser in my opinion.

I think that Seungri's girlfriend broke up with him because he was obsessive and crazy and now that she is happily with someone else, he is being a giant creeper trying to get her back. 


If these two songs are any indication of what is to come, I am ready for it! BIGBANG is a solid group and they know who they are and what they want to convey with their songs and music videos. The next few months are going to be awesome!

~ Alora 

No comments:

Post a Comment