Thursday, September 11, 2014

2PM Go Crazy MV Review


I said this in a previous post, but I have been feeling a little poopy about writing. Not that I don't enjoy it, but I feel a little stuffy and I have just realized why. I am setting to many limits for myself. I have to do certain things on certain days in a certain way and I'm not allowed to do anything else. The blog is going to become a lot more fluid starting with this post and I already feel really good about that decision. Now, on with the song!

I think that this song is great. Aside from the fact that it is a really fun song, my favorite parts are all the harmonies that are in the chorus. When we heard that first "aniya" in the chorus I was in love. Seriously, if there is one thing that will get me hooked on a song faster than a piano solo it's some solid harmonies. This was also a really strong harmony it wasn't so much a lovely blending of sounds as a there are two people singing different parts and it is doing magical things to your ear holes.



It was also a really cohesive song since it is a trend to have slightly disjointed songs. Not that I mind disjointed songs if they are done well, but it also nice to listen to something that doesn't give you musical whiplash too.

On to the video!

I knew that this video was going to be fun when five seconds into it Jun.K did a weird little squatting wiggle, then there was the broken arm dance, but what really solidified this video as "crazy" was this:


What? All they need is ET and they'll be golden.

This video made me think of a Block B video what with all the candid craziness. When I think of a 2PM video I think of fierce choreography and coolness or manliness, not craziness. It was fun to see them in a different setting and it reminded me of "Hands Up" a little. I think this song and video is crazy better (I couldn't help the pun) than "Hands Up" though because they aren't trying so hard to be "cool". They are having fun and the backup dancers are painfully awkward either. That is always a plus.

Not that this choreography wasn't amazing though and I liked that we had both fun things like the broken arm dance

My soul is leaving my body wave


And the motorcycle dance.


But there were also harder things like Wooyoung getting flipped over Chansung's shoulders and their tower/worm move. That was a really bad explanation of that.....


They also put in my favorite dance move! I think that this move should be incorporated into every dance ever.


Back to Woohyun, he got tossed around quite a bit at the beginning of the video. He was flipped over Chansung to start the song and then he was rolled off the three guys and was caught by the other two. This makes me think of seeing 2PM group shots and noticing that Woohyun is the smallest of all the guys (I think) and he is normally depicted as the cute one.

I can't remember where I saw this add, but it was 2PM and they were all looking handsome in a field and there was one member descending onto the field via an umbrella Mary Poppins style and before I even registered who was where in the picture I immediately though, Wooyoung is on that umbrella, and he was. Poor little Wooyoung.

He also had a true goober moment in the video


You rock that Secret Garden inspired outfit.

While were talking about specific members, whoa there was a lot of Jun.K in this video. I guess that would make sense since he has been doing a lot of solo stuff recently, but he was always front and center in the video. He was also the last member standing at the end of the video too.


Overall, I really liked everything that happened in this video. The song was fun, the video was fun, and 2PM look to be enjoying themselves quite a bit. Overall I would give this video a 8/10.

There you have it, a new way to write and I'm not totally sold on it yet I'll just have to keep making it better. That's what I'm doing here though, trying to be better at something that I enjoy! Until my next post. Which should be soon since I plan on gluing myself to my computer screen and watching the finale of "It's Okay, That's Love" as soon as I get home. I'm not ready!!!!

~ Alora

2 comments:

  1. Woohyun?? i'm sorry his name is Wooyoung lol pls don't get it wrong again Woohyun is from Infinite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, I didn't even realize I did that! Of course I know his name is Wooyoung, thanks for pointing that out!

      ~ Alora

      Delete