Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Donghae and Eunhyuk Still You


How's the song? 

I was in a bit of a dilemma as to what to do today. I liked Junghyun's solo debut "Flower", I considered doing a Christmas song themed post, I also thought about dropping K-pop until the new year, and then this song came out. I think that I am feeling a little burnt out lately with the holidays and the fact that I don't know what I am doing with my life and it's stressing me out a little and I also have been obsessed with Golden Rainbow lately and I have 16 episodes to catch up on.

Then at the last minute decided to do this, and it really is last minute since it came out yesterday. Write like the wind!!

After watching this video I have decided that it needs a new title, that new title is "Donghae and Eunhyuk's Love Story in London". I think that it is funny that SM knows that the highest shipped pairing after HanChul was no more is EunHae. I really like the songs that Eunhyuk and Donghae put out though. This one is quite different from the dance tracks that they have put out too.

This seems to be the year of artsy fartsy travel abroad videos with BAP and VIXX also doing their own versions of this same idea. This also means that Donghae and Eunhyuk get more singing time! Yay! Donghae is more of a singer than a rapper anyways, but Eunhuyk is the rapper, but he does have a nice voice. It makes me happy when I hear Shindong and Eunhyuk getting to sing in songs because they both can sing, but they don't get the chance to very often. I feel the same way when Yesung gets to be in the front during dances because he can dance as well as sing.  

How's the video? 

Donghae and Eunhyuk have successfully escaped the SM box set! They actually got to leave Korea too! What is happening? Is the next year going to mark a change in the way that SM does things? Probably not, but one can hope. The colors were all very pretty and muted too, it was wonderful! Sometimes the cameras were a little heavy handed with the filters, but it did fit since the video is about them walking about London and always missing each other, even though they are singing about a girl. Right~. Let's look at pretty pictures!



Something that really confused me about this video is who is the owner of the hat? Donghae has it first and almost wears it out, but then changes his mind and tosses it on the bed.


Then Eunhyuk comes in and sees a hat on his bed that he doesn't seem to recognize. How did Donghae throw that hat through time and space onto Eunhyuk's bed? I assume they aren't staying together because if they were, then they wouldn't be looking for each other.


While Eunhyuk is out, he drops the hat, and I'm confused whether he does it once or twice. On the possible second time though, Donghae finds it. Does Donghae know that it's Eunhyuk's hat? Was it a gift to Eunhyuk delivered through a time vortex, or is he wondering how his hat ended up on the streets of London?


The two eventually find each other  and Donghae puts the hat on Eunhyuk's head because another name for this song could be "PDA by EunHae".


How's the styling? 

I'm not a swearer, but the first thing that popped into my head when I say one of Eunhyuk's outfits was literally "What the hell are you wearing?"


Seriously, who thought that this was a good idea. That hat looks like the animal that it was made out of has come back to life and is taking its revenge on Eunhyuk's head. Then, what is that shirt? Why? It is red sequined leopard, plus it is incredibly shapeless and long. And then the stylists HAD to put on one more little accessory on his hip with that chain. Why? Why! This outfit has literally nothing to do with the video. It doesn't go with anything and it actually makes me mad because it's so awkward.

On a happier note, Donghae and Eunhyuk are totally wearing couple scarves. You're really pushing this aren't you SM?


Is the dance super amazing? 

No dance here amazingly considering that Eunhyuk is the dancer of Super Junior and Donghae is also one of the main dancers. 

Which member owned it? 

Since this is a duo everything is very even camera and music wise. That's one reason that I'm glad Eunhyuk is in this duo. He's also in the three other sub groups: M, T, and H. He and Shindong are larger players in H, but it is nice to see him in a duo like this. He is also my favorite member after Heechul, so there is that too.


Did the English make you ears bleed? 

So, amazingly, the English in this song is pretty good. I heard all of it without reading any subs and the pronunciation is pretty good too. I'm always hesitant about SM and their English abilities since they are usually train wrecks, which seems weird considering all the people who are English as a first language speakers and all the others who have learned English.

Another reason that Super Junior's English especially scares me is because I always think of their show Full House and the English lesson and the trip to English Village. 

And then there's Donghae pretending to know what the waiter is saying. Don't be silly Donghae, you have no idea what is going on. Maybe the waiter will music with you.


What else is happening? 

A lot of stuff happened, but you're going to have to find it on your own.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holidays!!!

~ Alora

No comments:

Post a Comment