Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Super Junior Mamacita MV Teaser Review


Hey! I definitely haven't posted anything in about two weeks now but that is not to say that I haven't written anything, I just haven't posted anything. I've been feeling a little uninspired and if I started something, I would decide that it was crap and push it aside and eventually erased the whole draft.

I think that the inspiration could be flowing soon though with the release of Super Junior's teaser and the video that will be coming out! Even with my great love for all things Block B and VIXX, Super Junior will always have a special place in my heart because they were my first group. Heechul will also always be my number one bias, I don't care what anyone says or who comes along, it will always be Heechul.




I am really excited for this video though. Super Junior haven't done anything official since Sexy, Free, and Single and while that is a pretty solid album, I like new things. With this soon to be new addition to my Super Junior collection I have had a hard time choosing what to listen to. When a group comes out with a new song, and it doesn't matter who it is, what they do, or what language they sing in, I am constantly listening to their music until the new stuff comes. 

My issue is that I recently bought the newest HIM album, which isn't that new since it came out last year, but I have been on a huge HIM kick but I also want to listen to Super Junior and I'm never sure what I want to listen to. First world problems, yeah?

Anyways, back to the matter at hand, new album! Wooo!! I'm really sad that Yesung won't be in it though because who they heck is going to do all the adlibed background wailing? Not that other members don't have the ability to do such things, but Yesung is so good at it. Also, if Yesung was participating in the album it would be as perfect as Super Junior could be at the moment. So close, yet so far. 

As for the teaser, this could potentially be the best video that Super Junior has done in a really long time. They haven't done anything new or exciting since "Sorry Sorry" and even before that "Don't Don" was a pretty cool video even if it screamed of bad early 2000s rock fashion.   


This concept could also be potentially disastrous and corny though is SM doesn't handle it well. I am hoping that we get more of the story that is being presented in the first teaser. All the members have their own characters and Leetuek is a thief who breaks out of jail


Then you have Sheriff Siwon and Bounty Hunter Donghae who look like they could be bumbling idiots 


Seriously, why is Donghae scratching his head with his gun? Who thought that was a good idea? And speaking of things that someone thought was a good idea, why is Kangin wearing the extensions that Eunhyuk was wearing in the first batch of teasers? Those look good on nobody! No-bo-dy! I'm also not sure how I feel about blonde Kangin. 


Now, I could talk about everyone because all their characters are quite fun and the attitudes that you can see behind them, but I won't. That would be a little bit of an overkill. The last person that I will mention is Sungmin, because he looks might fine. 


With the exception of his hair during Super Junior M's Break Down, I don't think that there has ever been a time where I didn't like Sungmin's look. I didn't even hate the Break Down look, I just didn't love it. I think that Sungmin is actually a perfect little cherub masquerading as a Korean man and I'm only half joking about that.
  
Up until this point, I was completely content on ending the post and then hovering by my computer until the music video came out but we have another teaser! Which also means that this post will not be ending with Sungmin. No, it will not. 


In this new teaser, we get a clip of the song, but we also get a box set which is not so good. I really hope it isn't all boxy. Please, SM! Please! 

Box aside, this song sounds like it is going to be really fun, but then again you never know. I was really impressed by SuJu M's "Swing" teaser, but was a little underwhelmed when I heard the song, I hope that doesn't happen again. When this teaser started I wasn't sure how I felt about the song with that really weird sounding beginning, but now that I have listened to the teaser a few many times and can now hear the melody in it, I kind of love it. I especially loved that last "ayaya yaya" with the harmonizing. Yes, please! The dancing also looks like it is going to be really fun. From what I saw, it looks like they will be adding in some stereotypical bullfighting moves to tie in with the concept of the album which I like. 

In the last video I said that I was done talking about the members with Sungmin, but I have new material to work with now so that final statement is no longer so final. So, starting from the beginning and working our way to the end this is how I am feeling when it comes to hair.

Eunhyuk: blonde Eunhyuk may possibly be the best Eunhyuk. Work that updo!


Leeteuk: please take out those clip in bangs, they are not doing you any favors. But Leetuek is back! Much happiness!


Kangin: we all know how I feel about the middle part: not good. I also don't think that I like blonde Kangin very much. He is this manly man kind of guy and he has this Suho "Overdose" thing going on right now and I am not feeling it.


Overall, I am crazy excited for this and will probably be singing "Hey! Mamacita nega ayayayaya" until the video comes out. Only two more days, I can do this!

~ Alora 

No comments:

Post a Comment